Thursday, July 12, 2012

C-H-I-O-M-E-G-A with Cindy Chiang Halvorsen, Amazing Race Winner and Ann Lee Konneker Keynote Speaker!

Cindy Chiang Halvorsen and her husband, Ernie, beat all the odds in Season 19 of the Emmy Award-winning CBS show, The Amazing Race. After competing with nine other couples on four continents, in 10 countries, and in 20 cities, the Chicago pair was first to cross the finish line at Atlanta’s historic Swan House. The show aired for 12 weeks on CBS, with the winners crowned in the final episode on December 11, 2011. Cindy and Ernie walked away with $1 million, a group of new friends, and an even stronger bond.

Cindy is initiate of Pi Alpha Chapter at the U of Cincinnati, a supporter of the Chi Omega Foundation, and a graduate of the Nancy Walton Laurie Leadership Institute of Chi Omega. She works as a marketing manager for a multinational corporation.

Chi Omega is proud to have Cindy Chiang Halvorsen as the Ann Lee Konneker Keynote Speaker at Convention this year. Read on to learn more about Cindy...in true Chi Omega fashion, of course!

C – Coffee. How do you take yours?
My favorite coffee flavor is vanilla hazelnut and I always take my coffee black!


H – Happiness. Fill in the blank: “I am happiest when ____.”
I am spending time with my family and friends, immersed in great conversation and lots of laughs.


I – Inspiration. When do you feel most inspired?
I draw my inspirations from many people and places. I’m often inspired to read about a successful entrepreneur, or when I meet a child with hope filling his or her eyes, or a beautiful piece of art, or reading a great book. I find that anything can inspire me when I look through the right lens and am open to learning something new.


O – Obstacles. What’s your best advice for overcoming challenges?
There will always be obstacles and challenges in your life, but the journey of getting through them is what makes you a stronger woman. Take each experience as a time to learn and persevere in the face of adversity. Seek out the support network you need to get you through it. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel.


M – Must-haves. What are your must-have items for traveling?
I have an entire packing list for anytime I travel! I never go on a trip without my camera to capture everything, my Kindle for reading on the plane, and my husband to share in all the adventures.


E – Ernie. What are Ernie’s best qualities as a teammate?
Ernie makes a terrific teammate. He always pushes me to do my best, and sometimes even a little farther than that. He has a constant positive attitude that we can accomplish anything, and he’s a great team player. Ernie never lets me down and always motivates me to push on.


G – Graduation. What is your number one piece of advice for recent college graduates?
Enjoy every moment because college will be the one of the best times of your life! Take some extra time to travel the world and explore new places. Once you are in the job force, you won’t have as much free time to play. When you start that first job, give it your best and work as hard as you can since first impressions go a long way. Be open to learning new things and seek mentors to help your transition into the ‘real world’.


A – Ann Lee Konneker Keynote speaker. What was your reaction when you found out you would be the Ann Lee Konneker Keynote speaker at Convention?
I was really honored and humbled to be asked to speak at Convention. I know these honors are reserved for successful women who have accomplished a lot in their lifetime and I wasn’t sure I fit the requirements! But when I learned that this year’s convention is focused on recruitment, I was really excited since I led recruitment as Panhellenic President and as Recruitment Chair for our chapter. Recruitment is what made me fall in love with
marketing, which is where my career has taken me.


People.com
 Click here to hoot with Cindy on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some hoots below!